MakeSpace ARTS in Pasadena, CA begins its long awaited contemporary exhibition program this summer. MakeSpace focuses on nationally and internationally recognized artist as well as emerging local artists. MakeSpace ARTS will feature exhibitions with traditional and new media art installations. Because MakeSpace ARTS is a project space (rather than a traditional gallery), there are unique opportunities for artist to incorporate workshops, screenings, and seminars into their exhibitions.
MakeSpace ARTS is seeking submissions for solo and group shows. MakeSpace ARTS will periodically put our calls for specific submission for shows curated in-house. To be considered for a show, artists and curators can download proposal guidelines at www.makespacearts.com . Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Please call for an appointment if you would like to see the space. There are limitations due to daily use of the studio; however, we will work with artist to help realize their good ideas.
Exhibition, Screening, Lecture & WorkshopsArtist Proposal Guidelines
If you are interested in submitting your work for review, please follow these guidelines:
- Visit our facility and review the below guidelines to assess whether your work is appropriate for MakeSpace ARTS.
- Submit one CD ROM, DVD, or web address along with a resume, a short statement, and/or cover letter as well as any other supporting materials (such as exhibition reviews). The CD-ROM or DVD should contain no more than 10 images, formatted at 300 dpi or lower for optimal viewing. If you would like your materials returned to you, please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with your submission. Please note that MakeSpace ARTS does not accept original work or models, nor can the studio be responsible for any materials that are sent.
- For proposed lectures, screenings, readings and workshops please submit no more than 10 pages of text that you wish to present.
- Applicants must include a completed "Artist Proposal Guideline Form" to be considered for exhibition. Download and print the pdf from our website.
- Submit a 1 page description of the exhibition you propose, and the overall concepts behind the work.
- MakeSpace ARTS asks that you submit documentation no larger than 8 x 11 inches. The studio is unable to accommodate submissions that fall outside of the guidelines or solicitations made in-person, via e-mail, by fax, or by phone.
Submissions should be mailed to:
Attn: Curatorial Department
2797 E. Foothill Blvd. Ste. 100
Pasadena, CA 9110
Contact: Sara Jerome