October 1 – November 27, 2010
All Oregon artists are invited to participate in CAM Biennial 2010 to be held at the Coos Art Museum from October 1 through November 27, 2010. This exhibition provides artists residing in Oregon the opportunity to exhibit their works to the public within an Art Museum without the extensive curating or jurying process. CAM Biennial 2010 will be displayed throughout all 5 of Coos Art Museum’s Galleries.
OPENING NIGHT RECEPTION: Friday, October 1, 2010 from 5 – 7pm. Open to the Public
CAM Biennial 2010 will open with a reception for all the exhibiting artists at the Coos Art Museum on Friday, October 1, 2010 from 5pm until 7pm.
PEOPLE’S CHOICE AWARD: Winner will be given a solo exhibition at CAM in 2011
Voting for a “People’s Choice” selection will be conducted by Museum visitors during the entire run of the exhibition through the closing at 4:00 pm on Saturday, November 27, 2010. The winner will be contacted by December 3, 2010. Winner’s exhibition proposal must meet Coos Art Museum Exhibition’s Committee criteria prior to installation at Coos Art Museum in 2011.
ARTISTS ELIGIBITILY: Artists who live in Oregon; recent works 3 years old or less.
Original works of art created in the past 3 years (2007 – 2010) by artists who reside in Oregon are eligible for entry. No commercial artwork, or reproductions of any kind will be accepted.
ELIGIBLE ART MEDIUMS: Allowed with the following criteria
• Paintings – limitation of 48 inches in any direction – this includes the frame.
• Drawings – limitation of 48 inches in any direction – this includes the frame.
• Hand pulled prints, etchings, serigraphs – limitation of 48 inches in any direction – this includes the frame.
• Photography (film or digital) – limitation of 48 inches in any direction – this includes the frame.
• Mixed media – limitation of 48 inches in any direction – this includes the frame.
• Fiber & textiles – wall hangings – limitation of 48 inches in any direction – this includes the frame
• Fiber & textiles – wearable – must supply display device
• Small sculptures – weight limitation of 50 lbs and 48″ in any direction
• Glass – blown, fused or leaded stained – if to be suspended, must include a secure hanging or display device
• Turned and carved wood – weight limitation of 50 lbs and 48″ in any direction
• Jewelry – only if ALL elements were created by the artist
NOTE: If your work is a replica of another person’s work – Title MUST contain notation of the original work and original artist. Example: “……….A Study of the Mona Lisa, by Leonardo DaVinci”
INELILGIBILE ART MEDIUMS: Not allowed
• Video, motion picture film, audio, computer generated digital works, giclée prints of original fine art.
NOTE: If you are unsure on ELIGIBILITY, contact Coos Art Museum.
ACCEPTANCE: Coos Art Museum reserves the right to reject any work(s). Receipt of works at the Museum prior to the opening does not constitute acceptance into the exhibition.
October 1 – November 27, 2010
Coos Art Museum
READ THROUGH CAREFULLY AND PLEASE COME PREPARED!
Submissions: Artist may submit up to three (3) pieces of their original artwork ONLY during the following dates/times:
• Monday, September 20, 2010, 10am –6pm
• Tuesday, September 21, 2010, 10am –6pm
• Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 10am – 6pm
Handling Fee: Non-refundable handling fee is $15 for one submission, $10 each for the second and third submissions.
Artists’ Resumes: Each artist is encouraged to submit a brief resume to be included in the exhibition guide. NOTE: This information is IN ADDITION TO entry label information.
Labels: Each submission must be clearly labeled with the following REQUIRED information:
• Artists’ Name
• City/Town of residence
LABEL MUST BE SECURED to the back or bottom of each artwork PRIOR TO SUBMISSION.
No label attached to artwork at the check in – no inclusion in the exhibition!
No strings or tape allowed!
• Wearable art must include a display device.
• 3 dimensional works – must include an adequate hanging device if to be suspended.
• Sculptures have a 50 lb limitation.
All works accepted in the exhibition must remain on display through November 27, 2010.
No work may be removed from the Museum for any reason prior to the close of the exhibition.
All works must be picked up following the close of the exhibition on any of the following dates/times: (NOTE: Please indicate pickup date on the Registration Form.)
• Saturday, November 27, 2008, 4pm – 6pm
• Tuesday, November 28 – Wednesday November 29, 2010, 10am-4pm
• Call CAM office (541 267-3901) to make other time arrangements
Although all possible care will be taken, Coos Art Museum will not be responsible for damage to or loss of works submitted to CAM Biennial 2010.
Works left at the Coos Art Museum over 30 days after the close of the exhibit are considered abandoned and will be disposed of accordingly.