Sunday, November 14, 2010

Holly Johnson presents Todd Camplin's Language Reconstruction art series Dallas Texas

Who: Todd Camplin

What: Showing his Language Reconstruction art series

When: Saturday, November 20 · 6:00pm - 9:00pm

Where: Holly Johnson Gallery, Dallas, TX

The  Why: After reading the philosopher Derrida, I find myself consciously reconstructing poems and novels into mental images. Sometimes I am able  to capture those word images in abstract ink drawings. Subconsciously I  have always seen words as images, because of my dyslexia. So the conflict between image and text is my passion and my burden. The  conflict inspires creation and innovation, so through my personal  conflict I have transformed words into transcendent abstractions. The  words and letters have become something more than language, and these  words transcend their meaning. No longer recognizable metaphors for  words, the letters thus return to origins as images

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...