Saturday, March 12, 2011

Artist Interview: Nadezhda Hope





What is your name: 

Nadezhda Hope

Do you have a formal art education or are you a self taught artist: 
 I've graduated as a top artist from The Creative and Performing Arts High School with a major in Visual Arts. I'm currently enrolled in University of the Arts.

What is the style of your pieces: I created Slimzees, they are fashion illustrations, who are dressed in the height of the current trends. They are stylized models (similarly to croquis) with abstract head of an antelope

What is the medium in which you work: I work with various mediums. Often times mixed media of markers, microns, gel pens, colored pencil and ink.

What started you on your path as an artist: I've been "gifted" ever since I picked up a pencil. I pursued my talent by auditioning to special art high school called C.A.P.A.where I've began to further develop skills and experience. There I've participated in various outside, local and state contests winning too many 1st, 2nd and 3rd places to the point where I've been banned to enter. I have also experienced being an art staff for UWA Magazine and later an Art Editor of it. Upon graduation I've already established my new collection of of fashion illustrations called Slimzees. Slimzees have started me on my path as an artist on international scale.

What is one of the most important things that art has brought to your life: Being able to meet and unite vast amount of people from all over the world.

What is your favorite genre of art besides the one you work in: I love surrealism.

Do you have art showings, and if so what are they typically like: I used to participate in large shows while I was in high school, they are typically hectic at first but a lot of fun during the actual show.

Do you have a certain set of clothes you make art in: I like sweatpants or shorts and a tee. Something comfortable.

What has been the most frustrating part of being an artist? The most frustrating part is having time for everything. There's never enough time.

What is your favorite sandwich of all time:  I don't typically eat sandwiches, but when I do I like sandwich with tuna and pickles. Or a Russian style, one-slice bread sandwich with some kalbasa (salami), American cheese and of course pickles!

Has this year brought about any changes in your work, and if so what are they: This year I try to make my models of the collections have the same feel as fashion pieces they wear

Who is your favorite artist alive or dead:   I'm inspired by many, Da Vinci and Dali and of modern day Asel Ai.

What is the most moving piece of artwork that you have seen in person: Egyptian ancient art in general, but a sculpture of Bast has left great impression on me. It fascinated me, people so many years ago were able to create such stunning sculpture of a cat. I have great appreciation for the ancient art.
 
Do you have any animals, and what do they think of your work: My two cats often times like to come and join me as I work. In their eyes they are artists just like me. My pony on the other hand dislikes my art because he gets envious of it since it takes up most of my time. 
 
Do you have any upcoming exhibitions you would like to share with us:  I'm going to be in the gallery show called "Showcase" in London for April 27th 2011. I'm also participating in "Brighten Open" public show in UK as well which will start on May 7th.
 
Web address       
 
www.kensii.daportfolio.com                

email                     

mi33.hope@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...