Friday, July 2, 2010

Artist Inteview: Gabriel Durando


What is your name: Gabriel Durando, I am 40 years old and I live in Venado Tuerto, Santa Fe, Argentina.

Do you have a formal art education or are you a self taught artist: I am a self taught artist. I have always worked with the pictures. (I am photographer and video editor). From my beginnings I had whishes of learning and growing up.

What is the style of your pieces: Black and white photography of urban and rural scenes, the pictures of the persons working or doing their homeworks are powerful.

What is the medium in which you work: In my city and it’s surroundings. In the zone where I live the rural and urban landscape are amalgamated.

What started you on your path as an artist: I discovered that with my camera I can Transform a common daily scene in a cultural event.

What is one of the most important things that art has brought to your life: One of the most important things was The possibility of stopping time with my camera.

What is your favorite genre of art besides the one you work in: My favorite genre is the surrealist art, because knowing that are artists can create or doing pieces without limits.

Do you have art showings, and if so what are they typically like: Yes, I have. I showed my pictures all around my country. I put a catching title to all my photos.

Do you have a certain set of clothes you make art in: No, just a cap, casual clothes and my photographic equipment.

What has been the most frustrating part of being an artist? To Not having my camera to catch a most moving scene.

What is your favorite sandwich of all time: A ‘choripan’, a typical Argentine sandwich which is a french bread bun with a pork sausage.

Has this year brought about any changes in your work, and if so what are they: Yes, the possibility of exhibiting my work in foreign showings has steered me to urban photography.

Who is your favorite artist alive or dead: Photographers Mario Bosi of Argentina, and Robert Frank, internationally known.


What is the most moving piece of artwork that you have seen in person: The ‘Light Festival’, a show held in the city of Rosario, Argentina, with works by local photographers.


Do you have any animals, and what do they think of your work: No.

Do you have any upcoming exhibitions you would like to share with us: Yes. ‘Be urban’, next 9th July in Aeon Logic Art Gallery, 4 Malcolm X Blvd., Brooklyn, NY 11221, ph: 347-787-4626 alt: 646-320-9345, info@aeonlogicartgallery.com

www.gabrieldurando.tk
gabrieldurando@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...