Friday, September 10, 2010

Artist Interview: John F Metcalf



What is your name: John F Metcalf

Do you have a formal art education or are you a self taught artist: Self-taught

What is the style of your pieces: Expressionistic

What is the medium in which you work: Acrylic

What started you on your path as an artist: My fourth grade teacher Mrs. Hynds gave me some encouragement.

What is one of the most important things that art has brought to your life: A sence of purpose.

What is your favorite genre of art besides the one you work in: Sculpture

Do you have art showings, and if so what are they typically like: Yes, I show my work throughout Central Texas in Galleries, Restaurants, Salons, etc., as well as internationally through the internet.

Do you have a certain set of clothes you make art in: No and my wife likes to point out that I don't own any clothes that don't have paint on them.

What has been the most frustrating part of being an artist? I love it all.

What is your favorite sandwich of all time: Italian Meatball

Has this year brought about any changes in your work, and if so what are they: Yes, I'm working on much larger pieces than I have before.

Who is your favorite artist alive or dead: Vincent Van Gogh

What is the most moving piece of artwork that you have seen in person: Modigliani Paintings

Do you have any animals, and what do they think of your work: I have a puppy named Shelly. She does not care about my work. She likes tennis balls.

Do you have any upcoming exhibitions you would like to share with us: My original paintings are on consignment at Far Out Home Fittings in Austin, TX. And the Parlor in New Braunfels, TX. My prints are for sale online at http://www.john-metcalf.artistwebsites.com

                  
  jfmetcalf@gmail.com        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...