Monday, February 7, 2011

Gale Gibbs exhibiting at Mesquite Arts Center, the Hidden, the Quiet, the Grand



The Mesquite Arts Council presents the artwork of Gale Gibbs, “the Hidden, the Quiet, the Grand” on exhibit in the Main Gallery at the Mesquite Arts Center, February 11 through March 30, 2011.

My images are a search to find and hold what we cannot hold.  They are a moment, a desire, a wish, or an impossible delusion.
I have always been an artist searching for the fragmented snapshot that is capable of touching archetypal places in my mind. I search for images that can be at once humorous, forbidden, uncomfortable, and familiar.  My images can appear as if choreographed or as personal theater, a poetic verse, a harsh reality, a heavenly feeling – combining the “real” and the abstract, creating a psychological landscape.  
As an artist, I find myself constantly conflicted between the abstract idea and the reality of the finished and tangible product.  These moments compel me to further explore, question, accept, and deny the realities of myself and the world I live in.

Free to the public, the Mesquite Arts Center is open daily from 8a.m. to 5 p.m. and during performances. For more information call the Mesquite Arts Council at 972/216-6444.

WHERE:      
Mesquite Arts Center – Main Gallery
1527 N. Galloway
Mesquite , TX 75149

www.mesquiteartscenter.org
Information line 972-216-8122

Funding is provided in part by the members of the Mesquite Arts Council and ExxonMobil, Media sponsorships include WRR 101.1, KERA 90.1, and KEOM 88.5.

For more information:  Mike Templeton, Director * Phone 972.216.6444 * Email mtemplet@ci.mesquite.tx.us

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...