Monday, June 28, 2010

Art Interview: Frankie Garcia III

Live Painting
Live Painting
Frankie Garcia III
What is your name: Frankie Garcia III

Do you have a formal art education or are you a self taught artist:
Self taught artist

What is the style of your pieces: My style is abstract constructivism. My art work incorporates strong lines and bold colors with the use of geometric shapes and circles of union which work together to create my signature visual experience.


What is the medium in which you work:
I use numerous elements in my work: canvas, metals, wood, paper, mixed media, and an array of industrial hardware.

What started you on your path as an artist: I've always been a creative person. I knew I wanted to be an artist when I was 5 years old. Ever since I can remember I've been drawing, building, conceptually creating, designing and thinking about making anything and everything.

What is one of the most important things that art has brought to your life:
Freedom to express my creative abilities wether conceptually or on canvas and art has taught me to be a better, more organized business person.

What is your favorite genre of art besides the one you work in:
Conceptual installations

Do you have art showings, and if so what are they typically like:
Yes...they usually incorporate other artists and show all forms of art. We really try to create a visual experience where all art work is strategically placed and hung so the viewer can have a maximum experience...leaving the show with the purpose.

Do you have a certain set of clothes you make art in:
My dickie shorts and a painted drenched T

What has been the most frustrating part of being an artist?
Uniting other artists/art enthusiasts to collaborate and assist us in bringing our arts community to the forefront nationally

What is your favorite sandwich of all time: Lots of turkey with peppered bacon, spinach, avocado, jalapeno's, grilled purple onions, grilled red peppers, pickles, lots of pepper, swiss cheese, dry on 9 grain bread

Has this year brought about any changes in your work, and if so what are they:
Yes...I've been spending more time with the details and paint build up for more depth and texture...working on larger more complicated sizes. I've really been in to hot pink?

Who is your favorite artist alive or dead:
Egon Schiele

What is the most moving piece of artwork that you have seen in person: Number 1A, 1948 Jackson Pollock at the MOMA

Do you have any animals, and what do they think of your work: I had a 100 pound American Bulldog I just lost. He would sit at my feet under my art table as I painted, the whole time....he was with me through many paintings.

Do you have any upcoming exhibitions you would like to share with us: I'm planning one now for September 2010...I will keep you informed as we progress forward with the planning. It will be graffiti/conceptual based incorporating many Dallas artists as well as myself. It will embrace all forms of art in a sophisticated...themed...methodical way...

Frankie Garcia III
469.774.8936
fg3art@aol.com
www.fg3art.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...