Deep Ellum is the Metroplex's most progressive and eclectic neighborhood. The 2011 Deep Ellum Arts Festival® exemplifies everything that makes this area rock. The biggest weekend of the year for the Deep Ellum Entertainment District, this three-day, free-to-attend outdoor "street party" features over 120 decorative and visual artists selling original works, over 90 original bands, singer/songwriters and performance artists showcasing the newest sights and sounds from 5 stages, including the all new Texas Blues Stage, PegasusNews Stage, Texas Singer/Songwriter Stage, ArtLoveMagic Artists Alley and Art Bar. Other attractions include the renowned Pet Parade (Sunday at 12:00 noon), 720 Action Sports BMX & Inline Stunt shows, fabulous food, beer, wine and coctails, and much, much more! This is an adult-oriented visual and performing arts festival - while supervised young children and teenagers are welcome, there are no planned activities for them.
2011 Festival Dates & Times:
Friday, April 1, 2011 5:00pm to 10:00pm
Saturday, April 2, 2011 11:00am to 10:00pm
Sunday, April 3, 2011 11:00am to 7:00pm
Admittance to the festival is free.
- Located in Dallas' Deep Ellum Entertainment District on Main Street between Good Latimer and Hall St. Click Here to view a full map and driving directions.
- Over 120 fine cutting edge juried artists displaying and selling original works.
- More than 90 original bands and singer/songwriters will perform from four separate outdoor entertainment stages. Keeping pace with the newest sounds of the music industry and reflecting Deep Ellum's exploding new music scene all stages will be rocking simultaneously with an eclectic mix of genres, including Dallas' favorite fusion rock, southern soul, and "genre-breaking" bands.
View 2010 Performance Schedule
- PegasusNews Stage, keeping pace with the ever-evolving music scene in North Texas, will showcase an eclectic mix of genres including Rock, Funk, Jazz and Experimental
- Texas Blues Stage, will feature a masterful collection of local groups; a mix of Texas Blues, Southern Rock, Rockabilly, and good old fashioned Blues.
- The Singer/Songwriter Stage features local songwriters performing their own original live music, hosted by Lori Dreir, "A Girl & A Guitar "
- The ArtLoveMagic Artists Alley, where art comes ALIVE! Watch painters turn blank canvases into works of art right before you eyes. Created by local art & performance collective, ArtLoveMagic, this area will feature multiple live painting platforms, acoustic musicians, spoken word poetry and an interactive arts area where YOU can roll up your sleeves and join in the creativity.
- The "Art Bar", an eclectic adult-oriented performance space will be displaying the unusual art of local artists. An intimate stage will feature spoken word, acoustic jazz, dance, and more. Cocktails will be available and you must be 21 or older to enter.
- World famous 720 Action Sports Team will be performing BMX and inline skating stunt shows.
- Annual Deep Ellum Pet Parade: Hundreds of pet owners are invited to take their "Best Friends" on a tail-wagging promenade down Main Street. Register to be eligible for prizes at the Deep Ellum Bark Park starting Sunday at 11:00am, or just join the parade anywhere along the way. Awards and pet related activities will take place near the intersection of Main Street and Malcolm X starting at 12:00 noon.
- 2011 Featured Artist to be announced. 2010 Featured Artist, Frank Campagna.
- Festive cuisine, including Mexican, Caribbean, Mediterranean, Asian, American, specialty desserts and other festival favorites will be available, plus beer, wine, and sodas. In support of festival vendors, no coolers please.
- Created in 1994 by Main Events International (MEI) the Celebration Engineers®, The Deep Ellum Arts Festival is the signature event for Deep Ellum and has remained free-to-attend thanks to the generosity and support of past and present sponsors. 2010 sponsors included Folgers, Land o Lakes, Dallas Observer, Pegasus News, DART, Dallas Morning News, New York Times, Hotel Indigo, Silverleaf Resorts, Green Mountain Energy, 720 Action Sports, 100.3 JackFM, 98.7 KLUV, 103.7 LiteFM, KRLD 1080, Mega 107.5, Indie-Verse, and numerous other sponsors and civic organizations.
The Deep Ellum Association and The Deep Ellum Foundation, 501(C)(3) organizations benefit from this annual free-to-attend community festival.