Printed Matter, Inc. and The NY Art Book Fair will take over all three floors of MoMA PS1, November 5-7, to present 275 international presses, booksellers, antiquarians, museums, galleries, and artists from twenty-four countries, exhibiting the very best of contemporary art publishing.
• You Are Her, organized by Goteblüd (San Francisco), a collection of more than one thousand Riot Grrl zines from the '90s for reading and photocopying.
• Hardbacks, by Leidy Churchman, a series of facsimile paintings of books on wood, drawn from the stacks at the Museum of Modern Art Library to trace a unique portrait of artists' publications over the last century
• Special performance by Norwegian artists Nils Bech & Bendik Giske during the Fair's opening reception, Friday, November 4 from 6-9 p.m.
• Artists & Activists, a diverse group of collectives and individual artists focused on the intersection of art and activism, including Journal of Aesthetics and Protest (Los Angeles), GuerrillaGirlsBroadBand (New York), The Yes Men (New York), Bread and Puppet (Glover, Vermont), and Half Letter Press / Temporary Services (Chicago)
• Zines by Artists, a lively selection of international zinesters who represent independent publishing at its most innovative and affordable, including The Holster (Brooklyn), Nieves (Zurich), Ooga Booga (Los Angeles), and ZINE'S MATE (Tokyo), alongside a special section of queer zines, including Girls Like Us (Amsterdam), Little Joe (London), Original Plumbing (San Francisco), and PINUPS (Brooklyn)
• Musical performances by Excepter, presented by Showpaper; Pablo Picasso, presented by The Journal; and Certain Distinctions, organized by Swill Children, featuring choreography by Angela Vitacolonna, garment design by Mara Sloan, and improvised music by Lucky Dragons, Robert A.A. Lowe (Lichens), Driphouse, and Greg Fox (Liturgy, Teeth Mountain)