Friday, June 11, 2010

Artist Interview: Loredana Gasparotto


What is your name:
Loredana Gasparotto

Do you have a formal art education or are you a self taught artist:
I have a Performing art and Media Arts degree. I also have a minor in Fine Arts.

What is the style of your pieces:
The style is a mix of collage and abstract painting.

What is the medium in which you work:
The technique I use is called mesh up, which is based on transferring photographs on papers. I also use acrylic, watercolors, guashe and iodine.

What started you on your path as an artist:
Nothing really. I just always loved colors, and express my self.

What is one of the most important things that art has brought to your life: Freedom, adventure and happiness.

What is your favorite genre of art besides the one you work in:
Filmmaking, music and theater.

Do you have art showings, and if so what are they typically like:
I just started exhibiting my work in group shows around NYC. I mostly participated in film and video shows.

Do you have a certain set of clothes you make art in:
Well….not really….panties?

What has been the most frustrating part of being an artist?
I guess….dealing with lunatics and unreliable people…….

What is your favorite sandwich of all time:
The one featured in the film Spanglish…I think it’s called the best sandwich in the world.

Has this year brought about any changes in your work, and if so what are they:
I met a wonderful professor in my Experimental panting class that inspired me and introduced me to the “mesh up” technique. A true breakthrough for me!

Who is your favorite artist alive or dead:
Joan Mitchell, Barbara Kruger, Kandisky, Hannah Hoch, Rothko.

What is the most moving piece of artwork that you have seen in person:
Picasso’s Guitarist.

Do you have any animals, and what do they think of your work:
My landlord lives on the third floor of a huge, old Victorian house where I live too….He has to cats: Stramonio and Isabella. …They stare at my work…without saying anything…

Do you have any upcoming exhibitions you would like to share with us:
I have a group show in theEast Village and one in Greepoint Brooklyn so far…My first short will been screened at an AMC theater and one of my videos has been screened at the Hoboken Historical Museum.
If you are an artist and would like to be feautured email sivy221@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...