The Serie Project hosts emerging and established professional artists who produce original work using any medium, are 18 years or older, and not currently enrolled in an educational institution. The organization strives for diversity; although it focuses on supporting Latino artists, a third of selected artists are of other ethnic backgrounds.
Each artist will be given one to two weeks to produce one design and create up to 50 serigraphs plus additional proofs, half of which the artist will keep. The Serie Project provides accommodations for resident artists, but cannot pay for travel expenses. Printing will take place at Coronado Studio in Austin, Texas. The Airtist in Residence (AIR) program will begin in January, and all prints must be completed by July.
The Serie Project appoints a selection committee to review applications. Central to the application will be an image proposal (sketch or visual representation) of the serigraph design that an applicant would produce, if accepted into the AIR program. The image proposal must be accompanied by a résumé, an artist statement, visuals of recent work, and an application fee.
The deadline for applying to the 2011 AIR program is August 27, 2010. The selection committee will review applications in September, and applicants will be notified of its decision by October 15, 2010.
The following items are required of all applicants:
- Full-color image proposal for serigraph (final image size must be 16 x 22" or less)
- Three (3) digital slides of artwork created within the last 18 months
- Résumé or CV with phone number, e-mail address, and mailing address
- Artist Statement and/or brief biography
- Application fee of $25, made payable to the Serie Project, Inc.
- Cover letter (optional)
- Self-addressed, stamped envelope for the Serie Project to return application materials (optional; however, the organization will otherwise discard materials)
Serie Project, Inc.
ATTN: AIR Application
6601 Felix Avenue
Austin, TX 78741
Please do not call about the status of your application. A staff member will contact each applicant to confirm the receipt of his or her packet. With this exception, the Serie Project welcomes phone calls and any questions about its AIR program.