Friday, June 18, 2010

Kira Zawacki


What is your name: Kira Zawacki


Do you have a formal art education or are you a self taught artist: self taught, but highly inspired by many others


What is the style of your pieces: i don't have one style really, i am multi-influenced by so many things that I like to come at my art from every imaginable angle. I am also constantly trying to evolve both in life and in my work, so the style is subject to change.


What is the medium in which you work: i do a lot of oils, but I use everything can get my hands on. all paints, various papers, markers/crayons/pencils, watercolors, permanent markers, foam board, jewelry wire, and whatever I find in the trash or at the hardware store.


What started you on your path as an artist: i was born this way. i have to create things.


What is one of the most important things that art has brought to your life: art is my life. it's my therapy. it's what connects me to that which sustains me. art has brought me to my true self.


What is your favorite genre of art besides the one you work in: i think i am always most impressed by what little kids draw and make. it's completely unfiltered.


Do you have art showings, and if so what are they typically like: i do, and they tend to vary quite a bit, nothing really typical. I've been a part of some group shows around the city - but I am also starting to book several solo shows, so it's exciting.


Do you have a certain set of clothes you make art in: i have a few sets of painting clothes. pajama pants and some kind of tank top usually. though most of what I own has paint on it. i like to paint naked too.


What has been the most frustrating part of being an artist? making money


What is your favorite sandwich of all time: I had a sandwich called a "knish-wish" when I was at this music festival like 2 years ago. it was a knish split in half with turkey Reuben insides.. i think there was also coleslaw involved... it was amazing.


Has this year brought about any changes in your work, and if so what are they: many, many changes this year. I hope there will be many more next year. every year. my life has undergone some incredible growth this past year. I've learned a lot about myself. and about love. and about my art. i hope my art is always a reflection of changes.


Who is your favorite artist alive or dead: Elizabeth Rothschild (who is very much alive)


What is the most moving piece of artwork that you have seen in person: anything from the artist mentioned above - Miss Rothschild. she's so incredible she makes me want to set fires.


Do you have any animals, and what do they think of your work: i have one very large, and very luxurious cat named "Goose".


Do you have any upcoming exhibitions you would like to share with us: I have a few, yes - my art is currently on display at the following locations -


Avenue A

103 Avenue A

NYC


Norfolks NYC Gallery

139 Norfolk Street
NYC


Vesta

21-02 30th Avenue

Astoria, Queens NYC


And I have two solo shows in the fall at the following places so far -


Astoria Wine and Spirits

34-12 Broadway

Astoria, Queens NYC


Fatty's Cafe

25-01 Ditmars Blvd

Astoria, Queens NYC


www.KiraZawacki.com

KiraLZawacki@gmail.com



If you are an artist and would like to be featured email sivy221@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...