Monday, May 24, 2010

Art Interview: Rolo


What is your name: Call me Rolo

Do you have a formal art education or are you a self taught artist: nothing "formal" at this point, i have been drawing since i was a child.

What is the style of your pieces: modern abstract

What is the medium in which you work:
life is my medium

What started you on your path as an artist: My father has owned a art glass company for over 25 years so I have always had this art vibe surrounding my life.. I found my own path and style which is taking me in my own direction, something which I'm very proud of.

What is one of the most important things that art has brought to your life: a feeling of wholeness that i have never felt before. Plain and simple me creating what i wanna create makes sense to me..

What is your favorite genre of art besides the one you work in: Cant say i have a different favorite, abstract can be so many things it really captures all my interest.

Do you have art showings, and if so what are they typically like: I have not had an art showing devoted only to myself thus far, when it does materialize soon, it will be nothing short of perfection!

Do you have a certain set of clothes you make art in: usually in shorts and that's it.

What has been the most frustrating part of being an artist? People always trying to put my artwork in a category that makes them feel better. I'm not graph, I'm not street, I'm not tribal, I'm Rolo and my style is me.

What is your favorite sandwich of all time: A classic Pan con Bistec

Has this year brought about any changes in your work, and if so what are they:
this year? Every second brings change to my artwork, its constantly evolving. I can see a definite change in the subject matter of my pieces, nothing i forced in my artwork rather something that has evolved into my artwork lately.

Who is your favorite artist alive or dead: for certain Jackson Pollock


What is the most moving piece of artwork that you have seen in person: An art glass and steel sculpture called "WATERWALL" by Glass and Glass created for the Four Season Hotel - It is an amazing sculpture to just stand in front of and gain the scale of it.

Do you have any animals, and what do they think of your work: really? (Semone) Yes Really! ;)

Do you have any upcoming exhibitions you would like to share with us: I am currently on display at Transit Lounge in Brickell and working on some more showings coming very soon including some live shows in Coral Gables in July!




ROLO - Rolando Serra Jr.


If you are an artist and would like to be intervied email sivy221@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...