Sunday, May 30, 2010

Artist Interview: Stephanie Mackenzie


What is your name: Stephanie Mackenzie

Do you have a formal art education or are you a self taught artist: I have a formal Art training from Sheridan College in Ontario which is in Canada.
What is the style of your pieces: The style of my pieces are photography twisted with my imagination into a Digital Art form.
What is the medium in which you work: The medium to which I work is a digital camera along with Adobe Photoshop.
What started you on your path as an artist: When my mother noticed me drawing at age 5, she put my first set of artistic pencils in my hand, it has not stopped.
What is one of the most important things that art has brought to your life: The most important thing that my Art has brought is donating my work and giving 100 percent of the proceeds to charities. An example to one of the charities is 'Love & Action' which the donation went to help the people of Haiti & the people going blind in the mountains of Tibet.
What is your favorite genre of art besides the one you work in: I don't have a favorite genre because I enjoy all types of Art and expression.

Do you have art showings, and if so what are they typically like: I do have showings & they are very enjoyable. I love hearing what people take away from my Art pieces.

Do you have a certain set of clothes you make art in: I would have to say that I don't have a specific set of clothes that I work in yet I do enjoy listening to different types of music to get different feelings of emotion to create my Art.

What has been the most frustrating part of being an artist? I would say that the most frustrating part of being an Artist is getting the first break. Art is such a unique profession because it is based on peoples personal taste.
What is your favorite sandwich of all time: I love a BLT with a large side order of fries.
Has this year brought about any changes in your work, and if so what are they: I am very consistent with my work so I would have to answer no at this time.
Who is your favorite artist alive or dead: I love Richard Avedon, Herb Ritz & David Lachapelle.
What is the most moving piece of artwork that you have seen in person: The most moving piece of artwork that I have seen in person would have to be the Mona Lisa at the Louvre in Paris.
Do you have any animals, and what do they think of your work: Since I don't have a current pet for the moment, there are no comments at this time.

Do you have any upcoming exhibitions you would like to share with us: There are no fixed scheduled exhibitions but they are in process of negotiations.

www.dekafoto.net
info@dekafoto.com
If you are an artist and would like to be featured email sivy221@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...