Sunday, June 20, 2010

Artist Interview: Piotr Aaron Rushmore


What is your name: Piotr Aaron Rushmore


Do you have a formal art education or are you a self taught artist: I took one semester at the Laguna College of Art and Design; however after taking it I realized I wanted to continue practicing drawing by myself.


What is the style of your pieces: Erotic, sensual and soft.


What is the medium in which you work: Charcoal, Graphite, Carbon and Pencil


What started you on your path as an artist: I have always drawn since I was little. As I got older going to the museums and seeing paintings made me want to express my artstic side even more; that is why I'm an artist now.


What is one of the most important things that art has brought to your life: Getting in touch with my inner emotions.


What is your favorite genre of art besides the one you work in: Oil and acrylic paintings.


Do you have art showings, and if so what are they typically like: My last show was held at the night gallery with other artists. Interesting thing about it was the combination of the gothic club settings and various pieces exhibited in it.


Do you have a certain set of clothes you make art in: Yes, I do. I actually wear my loose and comfortable cloths.


What has been the most frustrating part of being an artist? Not being able to get inspired.


What is your favorite sandwich of all time: An egg sandwich with meat and cheese.


Has this year brought about any changes in your work, and if so what are they: I developed my drawing skills, and moved on to new subjects for my drawings.


Who is your favorite artist alive or dead: Paul Rubens


What is the most moving piece of artwork that you have seen in person: A few years ago I went to the Lichtenstein museum in Vienna. I got to see Paul Ruben's works. They made me feel so small...I will never forget the impression they made on me.


Do you have any animals, and what do they think of your work:

I had a dog, named Missy. She would sit right next to me when I was drawing. Sadly, she is not here anymore.


Do you have any upcoming exhibitions you would like to share with us:

I will exhibit my work at the Hive gallery in August.


http://fineartamerica.com/art/all/piotr+rushmore/all

piotr_vor@yahoo.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...